top of page

Lake Opinicon Methodist Church c.1905

Membership had declined over the years, and prior to 1950, the church had closed. Because Perth Road Village only had the Sunday School Hall to hold services in, it was decided to give the Opinicon Church to Perth Road. In 1952, Lake Opinicon church was torn down and re-built in Perth Road Village to become the new church for the whole charge. It was dedicated and officially opened on the first Sunday in August 1953

bottom of page